Replacing the lamp
• To reduce the risk of electrical shock, always turn the projector off and disconnect the power cable before changing the lamp.
• To reduce the risk of severe burns, allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes before replacing the
• To reduce the risk of injuries to fingers and damage to internal components, use caution when removing lamp glass that has shattered into sharp pieces.
• To reduce the risk of injuries to fingers and/or compromising image quality by touching the lens, do not touch the empty lamp compartment when the lamp is removed.
• This lamp contains mercury. Consult your local hazardous waste regulations to dispose of this lamp in a
proper manner. Status Message Install a new lamp for optimal performance. If the projector is normally run with Economics elected , you may continue to operate the projector until the next hour lamp warning appears. Press MODE/ENTER to dismiss the message. It is strongly recommended that you replace the lamp at this stage. The lamp is a consumable item. The lamp brightness diminishes with use. This is normal lamp behavior. You can replace the lamp whenever you notice that the brightness level has significantly diminished. Press MODE/ENTER to dismiss the message. The lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate normally. Press MODE/ENTER to dismiss the message.
1. Turn the power off and disconnect the projector from the power outlet. If the lamp is hot, avoid
burns by waiting for approximately 45 minutes until the lamp has cooled.
2. Loosen the screw that secures the lamp cover on the side of the projector until the lamp cover loosens.
3. Remove the lamp cover from the projector.
• Do not turn the power on with the lamp cover removed.
• Do not insert your fingers between the lamp and the projector. The sharp edges inside the projector may cause injuries.
4. Loosen the screw that secures the lamp.
5. Lift the handle so that it stands up.
6. Use the handle to slowly pull the lamp out of the projector.
• Pulling it too quickly may cause the lamp to break and scatter broken glass in the projector.
• Do not place the lamp in locations where water might splash on it, children can reach it, or near flammable materials.
• Do not insert your hands into the projector after the lamp is removed. If you touch the optical components inside, it could cause color unevenness and distortion of the projected images.
7. As shown in the figure, lower the new lamp.
8. Tighten the screw that secures the lamp.
9. Ensure the handle is fully laid flat and locked in place.
• Loose screw may cause a bad connection, which could result in Malfunction.
• Do not over tighten the screw.
10. Replace the lamp cover on the projector.
11. Tighten the screw that secures the lamp cover.
• Loose screw may cause a bad connection, which could result in malfunction.
• Do not over tighten the screw.
12. Connect the power and restart the projector.
Resetting the lamp timer
Do not reset the lamp timer if the lamp has not been replaced as this could cause damage.
13. After the start-up logo, press MENU/EXIT and then press / until the System Setup :
Advanced menu is highlighted.
14. Press to highlight Lamp Settings and press MODE/ENTER. The Lamp Settings page displays.
15. Highlight Reset Lamp Timer and press MODE/ENTER. A warning message displays asking if you
want to reset the lamp timer. Highlight Reset and press MODE/ENTER. The lamp time will be
reset to "0".